Embrace the relaxed Coro’ vibe and kiwi lifestyle New Zealand is famous for!
We are seeking an Emergency Medicine Specialist or Rural Hospital Specialist to work in a rural hospital in Thames, a small coastal community and rural centre to a regional population of 45,000. The township itself has a population of 7,500 and offers true work life balance and an opportunity to become part of the local community.
- Gateway to the Coromandel Peninsula – stunning natural landscapes and popular holiday spot
- Explore the townships of Hahei Beach, Whitianga, Cathedral Cove, Whangamata, Tairua and Pauanui
- Ideal coastal location just 90 mins easy driving to Auckland, Hamilton or Tauranga cities
- Diving, kayaking, surfing, fishing, sailing, hiking and cycling trails
- The ED is a modern 15 bed unit, with a 2 bay resuscitation area
- They see approx 18,000 patients per year
- Accredited training site for rural medicine registrars
- Telehealth is developing fast, with tele ward rounds and consultations
What’s on offer?
- Total package circa NZ$188,000 - $300,000 pa (base salary range NZ$158,000 - $230,000 pa)
- Includes NZ$16,000 CME Allowance pa + 10 days leave pa to attend conferences
- Relocation assistance
Thames Hospital is a 54 bed secondary hospital consisting of a consultant-led Emergency Department with 13,000 attendances per year, general medicine, general surgery, rehabilitation services, and primary birthing services led by independent midwives. The Hospital is modern, with individual private rooms and beautiful gardens for patients.
Thames Hospital has allied health services of laboratory, radiology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social workers, district nurses, public health nurses, dental therapists, vision hearing tester, dieticians, diabetic educator onsite and an outpatients department with visiting specialists from Waikato Hospital.
The tertiary referral centre is Waikato Hospital in Hamilton which is 90 mins drive away offers a full range of specialist services for referral.
Thames overlooks the Firth and the Hauraki Gulf – it faces west so enjoys spectacular sunsets every night. It’s the gateway to the rest of the Coromandel Peninsula and the beautiful little towns such as Hahei, Tairua, Pauanui, Whitianga, all popular holiday spots. The subtropical/ oceanic climate and stunning natural landscapes make this an outdoor enthusiast’s haven.
In the summer time, the Coromandel Peninsula is a holiday destination of choice for Kiwis, many of whom maintain holiday homes here. As a result the population significantly increases across the region to over 150,000 (December to February) and the vibe is relaxed yet bustling with activity.
Thames itself has a lively café culture, a gold mining history, original buildings, steam punk aficionados, multiple sports clubs, a library and primary and secondary schools. They also have a regular Farmers market showcasing fresh local produce and inspired by the region’s idyllic setting, many artists have made their home here - visitors to the area are welcome in their studios.
See a snapshot of Coromandel lifestyle here
Contact Tina at email@example.com