We are urgently seeking Senior Consultants Paediatric Cardiology CICU for a world-class medical and research center in Qatar.
You will be working in a brand new, state-of-the-art academic medical center that will function to the highest levels of international standards. Its clinical focus is on the specialty care of women and children. The inpatient facility will open in the first quarter of 2018.
The medical Staff Services Department, Support Services, Department of Paediatrics excels at providing a support system for the Medical Staff and Allied Health Professional Staff. Paediatric Medical Services, headed by the Divisional Chief of Paediatrics, is responsible for all paediatric clinical practice, research and education accross the organisation.
The Senior Consultant Paediatric Cardiology CICU is responsible for providing direct care and oversight in the delivery of Cardiac Intensive Care clinical services to all CICU patients patients treated at the hospital and to closely follow all the quality and safety parameters and bench marks. It is expected that this will include regional and supra-regional referrals, as well as adult patients with congenital and/or structural heart disease that my be treated on site. By delivering the very highest quality in clinical care, the hospital will serve as a magnet for patients within the borders of Qatar and beyond.
Essential Qualifications and Experience required
- MD Degree or equivalent;
- Board Certification / CCT in Paediatrics;
- Sub-specialty Fellowship and Board Certification in Paediatric Cardiology or Paediatric Critical Care Medicine or their equivalent;
- 4th year training in Paediatric Cardiac Intensive Care or work experience in Paediatric CICU for more than 5 years;
- 7+ years' of clinical experience in an academic centre CICU;
- Research, Education or Administration experience;
- Valid professional license in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area;
- Clinical and procedural skills needed to manage patients in CICU;
- Applicant is required to be part of night and weekend coverage with 24/7 in-hospital coverage. Night calls will be in-house;
Qatar is one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and is located on the east coast of the Arabian Peninsula. The country is pressing ahead with ambitious social, economic and infrastructure development plans and will invest tens of billions of pounds in developing its infrastructure over the next 10 years with rapid population growth driving demand for accommodation, medical and education services. The country provides a safe and family-friendly expatriate lifestyle, with an excellent range of shops, restaurants, museums, cultural events, world-class universities and social and sporting clubs and facilities.
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. With this in mind, not only will we assist you throughout the application, interview and offer process, once you have accepted a position we also have a dedicated registrations team who will guide you through the medical licensing and visa process to ensure your transition is as smooth as possible.