Fantastic Opportunity to work in a transformational person-centred primary care model practice
To start : February 2018 but can be flexible
Sessions can be covered by an individual or 2 candidates job-sharing. Child friendly hours will be considered.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated doctor to join a semi-rural practice. This is a friendly, long established and innovative practice with a commitment to providing high quality person-centred care to patients and seeking like-minded individuals.
The practice launched a transformational new model of primary care inspired by the Alaskan Nuka system’s model of care in August 2016. The successful candidate(s) would work in small teams, each looking after a defined patient list, the aim is to optimise relationships and continuity in order improve health & wellness outcomes, use of health services and patient & staff experience.
The practice profile is as follows:
- Five GPs, 6 nurses, 5 HCAs
- Five teams, comprising GP, Nurse Practitioner, HCA and admin
- List size: 10,350 patients (circa. 2000 per 1 WTE GP team)
- Golden Hello possible
- Full parity for partnership
- Social prescribing coordinator
- Behavioural health psychologist (recently appointed – start July 17)
- Undergraduate and FY2 training with good links to Dundee Medical School
- Local GP Ward in Community Hospital and hospice funded by Lippen Care
- Innovative and forward looking practice
- Award-winning and motivated Patient Participation Group who contribute to most aspects of practice activities
- Quarterly practice newsletter with wide distribution amongst practice population
- Informative website regularly updated with relevant patient services and useful information
- Regular MDT meetings
- Semi-rural location
- Excellent local amenities with good schools and housing
- Excellent travel links to Dundee and Aberdeen with ease of access to local Angus Glens for recreation purposes
- Opportunities to be involved and have a say in how services are developed and run both locally and within the Practice
This post offers a huge opportunity to participate in shaping our exciting, government supported, primary care initiative.
Great schools and affordable housing in the area offering a good work/life balance in a semi rural location with superb access to Dundee, Aberdeen and Edinburgh, hill walking, countryside and beaches are all within easy reach.