This is an exciting opportunity to experience life in one of the world’s greatest cities! Singapore has a lot to offer including, having a healthcare system that is regarded as one of the best in the world, having a highly rated education system and also being South East Asia's travel hub, servicing flights to (well almost) anywhere! Rheumatology is an in demand specialty in Singapore currently so please do get in touch.
- Award winning 1000 bed hospital
- Opportunity to help develop the Rheumatology research department
- English speaking work environment
- Public hospital with teaching opportunities
- Salaries ranging S$220,000-300,000 with a host of employee benefits included such as travel insurance, employee health cover, staff discounts and access to recreational facilities
- Split role: 80% Rheumatology/ 20% General Medicine workload
- Performance bonuses are available as well as annual salary increments
- Housing and relocation assistance provided for foreign applicants
- A very low tax rate of 12.5% - 15% – that means more income left over for you to spend!
As a Rheumatologist within the Medicine Department you will be responsible for:
- Clinical and Administrative duties
- Supervise and teach Junior Staff
- Research opportunities
- Any other duties as assigned by Head of Department
Some of the more common conditions treated are:
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• Psoriatic arthritis
• Ankylosing spondylitis
There is always a small element of general medicine cover, as this is the way the hospital is structured. Therefore candidates with specialist qualifications in both Internal Medicine and Rheumatology are preferred. Singapore’s population is highly diverse; with a patient flow of Chinese, Malay, Indian and westerners as regular clientele, cultural appreciation is required.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
Please note that the career path for a specialist in Singapore follows Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant. We are supporting with hiring of specialists at Associate consultant and Consultant level for this department.
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.