We are working with Capital & Coast District Health Board (CCDHB) to find an experienced Rehabilitation Physician situated in New Zealand’s capital city of Wellington. You will be based in a state-of-the-art tertiary hospital, renowned for its teaching and research opportunities, whilst embracing the famous Kiwi lifestyle with your family in a vibrant and cosmopolitan city downunder.
What’s on offer?
• Total package circa NZ$190,000 - $300,000 pa (approx. £98,000 - £155,000 pa), depending on level of experience
• Includes base salary range NZ$158,000 - $230,000 pa
• Includes NZ$16,000 Continuing Medical Education Allowance + 10 days leave to attend conferences annually
• Plus Relocation Assistance
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has the equivalent of around 4,300 full time staff, making them a major employer in the Wellington region. They are also the leading provider of a number of specialist services, including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care, specialised mental health services and support a population of about 900,000 people. The DHB has an annual budget of more than $1 billion, which they use to deliver health services directly and contract external providers to provide care, such as general practices, rest homes and pharmacists.
Provision of consultant rehabilitation physician care to inpatients and outpatient of the ORA (Older Adult, Rehabilitation and Allied Health) service based at Kenepuru Hospital. This includes co-operative leadership and the maintenance of a collaborative and collegial professional environment
- Provide consultant services to inpatients and outpatients
- Mentor junior medical staff in accordance with requirements of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and the New Zealand Medical Council
- Encourage innovation and quality in the development of services and to provide a strategic view of the direction for future service development
- Participate in an oncall roster with rehabilitation physicians and geriatricians
Consultants in New Zealand are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance. Wellington is a great place to really appreciate the benefits of balancing work and family life.
Wellington (population 350,000) is the political and cultural centre of New Zealand, offering the luxury of living in a small city with big city advantages, with a magnificent harbour framed by hills. There’s a very vibrant and cosmopolitan vibe to the city, with a huge array of cultural events, galleries, cafes and restaurants. Housing is affordable and of a high quality with a range of lifestyle options whether you want to live in a city apartment, beach house, townhouse or country property and nearly every inhabitant lives within 3km of the coast.
Education facilities are of a very high standard, with both public and private schools with excellent Education review Office reports (EROs). In addition, with three globally ranked Universities with campus’ in Wellington, there are many options for your children whatever route they choose to take in life. Victoria University houses a wide range of faculties and schools, as does Massey University. And the University of Otago based next door to Wellington Hospital, teaches undergraduate Medicine.
The international airport makes connections to the other parts of the world and elsewhere within New Zealand very easy. You can also catch the ferry from Wellington and drive down through the South Island, which is very popular with locals and tourists. Beyond the city and its beautiful harbour you have a wild and rugged coastline, mountains, ski fields, wineries and historical towns all within easy reach making this a perfect lifestyle destination.
More on Wellington
• Compact city location – waterfront promenade, cafes & restaurants, Te Papa Museum, Weta Film Studios
• Stunning wildlife and natural landscape – sandy beaches, the eco-sanctuary, Kapiti Island and native birds
• Sea kayaking, harbour cruises, island hopping, bush walking, mountain biking, major sporting events.
Contact Tina today to have a further confidential discussion or email email@example.com