Singapore remains one of the top locations for ex-pats, across the globe, looking for a lifestyle overhaul. It offers a true feel of all that South East Asia has to offer while providing world-class services you would expect to find in Europe’s top cities. This job is available for a rehab consultant to join a world class holistic, rehabilitation centre in a brand new facility.
- Award-winning 1000 plus bed hospital
- Internationally accredited public, teaching hospital
- Centre committed to education, research and innovation
- First of it's kind in Singapore
- Salaries average S$200,000-S$360,000 with a host of employee benefits included such as child care, travel insurance, employee health cover, staff discounts and access to recreational facilities
- Performance bonuses are available as well as annual salary increments
- Housing and relocation assistance provided for foreign applicants
- A very low tax rate of 12.5% - 15% – that means more income left over for you to spend!
To join a brand new, seamless healing environment as part of a well established teaching hospital in Singapore.
Equipped with 280 beds, the integrated building will provide both acute and community hospital beds in an age-friendly and conducive healing environment.
The Rehab Department at the hospital offers integrated and comprehensive programmes for patients to achieve a maximum level of independence after an injury or illness, such as a stroke, spinal injury, brain injury, multiple trauma or fractures. The rehabilitation medicine team includes rehabilitation medicine specialists, therapists, nurses, medical social workers and dieticians. They offer the following rehabilitation programmes:
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Spasticity Management
- Orthopaedic and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
Please note that the career path for a specialist in Singapore follows Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant. We are supporting with hiring of specialists at Associate consultant, Consultant level and Senior Consultant for this department.
Singapore’s population is highly diverse; with a patient flow of Chinese, Malay, Indian and westerners as regular clientele, cultural appreciation is required.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.