Head Medical are keen to speak to doctors who have an interest in Psychiatry and who would be interested in gaining some invaluable experience working in New Zealand. We have 2 positions available based in the very popular Bay of Plenty region on the north coast of the North Island.
Both positions commence in February 2021, one contract is for 6 months and the other contract is for 12 months. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply asap in order to be considered for an interview as these will be taking place imminently.
The Bay of Plenty is one of the most scenic an diverse regions in New Zealand, popular with both locals and tourists alike. The area boasts beautiful harbours and long, white sandy beaches making it the perfect place to enjoy your days off from work and an enviable work-life balance.
As a Registrar based in the Mental Health and Addiction Service you will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of patients under the care of the designated Consultant/s
- Management of all inpatients under the team’s care to be reviewed on a daily basis Monday through Friday.
- When working on the after hours roster, the Registrar is responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients referred to hospital acutely with psychiatric illnesses.
- Maintaining the clinical record for each patient and overseeing the institution on appropriate investigation of all acutely admitted patients.
- Participating in outpatient clinics related to the consultant team for which he/she works.
- Assisting with consultations from other Specialists and from General Practitioners in conjunction with their Consultant.
Successful candidates must be eligible for provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Head Medical can advise you of your eligibility based on your experience.
To find out more, please call Leona Young on +44 7825 303392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org