Head Medical is delighted to be recruiting a locum General Adult Nurse to the Shetland Islands.
We are looking for a registered Adult Nurse (RGN) who has surgical experience to work with patients from a wide range of specialities who receive care on the ward / unit, these include ENT, ophthalmology, gynaecology, orthopaedic, paediatric as well as general surgery, High Dependency and Day Surgery. You will be providing care to surgical patients within Shetland serving the islands population but also acting as a front-line service for ‘North Sea’ personnel on marine vessels and off-shore installations as the nearest tertiary hospital is 200 miles away.
The scenic Shetland Islands are situated at the far north of Scotland in the North Atlantic between Great Britain, The Faroe Islands and Norway. Shetland stretches around a hundred miles from north to south and its nearest neighbour is Orkney 50 miles away. Due to the warm ocean current Shetland is much milder than other places on the same latitude.
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- 12 months+ post registration experience
- Previous surgical experience
- HDU experience desirable
- To start ASAP on an ongoing basis covering working on a mixture of shifts (nights, days, evening and weekends) for a minimum of 37.5 hours a week.
- Return travel (from within the UK) will be booked and paid for by the board
- Single board accommodation will be provided
We look forward to hearing from you to discuss this role and others you may be interested in.