Consultant Psychiatrist - Addictions
Mental Health and Addiction Service
Employment Type: Permanent - 1 FTE
About Our Client
Situated in the sunny Eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and wilderness areas all close by. There is outstanding access to wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is a University of Waikato Campus. Lifestyle options are diverse and you can live 20 mins from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or in the trendy beach area of Mt Maunganui. The Coromandel and Auckland are an easy drive away and there is close enough access to the ski fields in winter.
Our health board is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. We are one of the region`s largest employers with over 4000 staff.
About the Role
Tauranga is New Zealand's fastest growing city and as a result it is time for us to grow our team of Psychiatrists so we can continue to provide a high level of care. We currently have a permanent full-time position available in Addictions Psychiatry.
We are excited to offer:
- A well-established group of peers for you to join.
- General Adult Inpatient and outpatient services, Psychogeriatrics, Consult Liason, Child and Adolescent, Drug and Alcohol and Maternal Mental Health services.
- We are a teaching hospital with Psychiatric Registrars Training through the Upper Central North Island (UCNI) training scheme and 5th and 6th year medical students through the University of Auckland.
- Opportunities for research and teaching roles through our clinical campus and close links with Auckland University.
- Opportunities for involvement in service development and clinical leadership.
We are seeking someone with:
- Vocationally registered psychiatrist with The Medical Council of NZ or eligible for this.
- Fellowship with the RANZCP or the equivalent is essential.
- A passion for working with those suffering addictions and someone who enjoys teaching and training others in this area.
If you like to work in a team that puts the patient at the centre, and is collaborative, creative and collegial, please consider this your next job.
- In-House career development
- Relocation assistance available
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- SWEAT, our onsite gym
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.