- Privately owned, multi-speciality clinic
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Competitive income with performance bonuses – earnings c.$300k pa plus
- Develop sub-specialty-based skills
Working with this Family and Specialty Medicine Facility in Toronto, you will be joining an experienced team of specialists. Established for 7 years the clinic has grown as a multidisciplinary team striving for the most effective care and treatments. The clinic offers a range of specialties including Psychiatry, Family Medicine, Psychotherapy, Walk-in Clinic, Family Medicine, Weight Loss Program, Physiotherapy, Neurofeedback, Female Well-being, Massage Therapy, Chiropractic, Ayurveda, Osteopathy, Naturopathic Medicine and more.
The psychiatry services draw upon the strength of their multidisciplinary team providing comprehensive psychiatric assessments, consultations, and a variety of evidence-based treatment modalities. Psychiatrists here work with adults and children dealing with Anxiety and Mood disorders, Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Adjustment and Personality issues, OCD, PTSD, and others.
You will be required to work both independently and collaboratively with experienced psychotherapists, social workers, primary care physicians, and other health providers, designing and monitoring personalized treatment plans for patients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assess and screen patients by conducting psychiatric evaluations, including interviews, medical histories, physical exams, observations, and psychological testing.
- Collaborate with the psychological team in assessing and diagnosing mental health symptoms and their impact on a patient’s wellbeing.
- Work with the multidisciplinary team to offer comprehensive ADHD, Mental Health, and Psychoeducational assessments.
- Analyze data and results of assessments to diagnose patients.
- Prescribe medications according to diagnosis.
- Develop a treatment plan, measure progress against the plan, and make adjustments as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate with referring physicians, family doctors, and primary health care providers as needed.
- Сertificate of registration and be in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (Or comparable specialist training obtained from the UK, Ireland, USA, Australia or New Zealand. Supervision can be provided in line to meet Ontario / Canadian licensing requirements)
- Must hold an Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) physician billing number and a specialist designation in the Ministry’s Corporate Provider Database (CPDB)
- Are insured for physician liability under the Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Medical Degree, FRCPC, with specific training in mental health/psychiatry
Preference for candidates to have already completed MCCQE Part 1 and certification by the RCPSC or have started the process.