What’s on offer?
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- Employment with a trusted, respected and established private hospital group in the Asian market
- Generous TAX FREE salary package (6000 – 8000 USD per month is realistic)
- Opportunity to get involved in humanitarian work
- Low cost of living so ability to save 50% -70% of take home pay
- Relocation assistance including accommodation for one week on arrival
- Relatively quick medical registration process of CIRCA 4-6 months
- One year contracts available – option to stay longer
What’s the role?
The job is to see all patients who need Psychiatric help. Most of the patients will be adults but there will also be teenagers and could be some children. The successful Psychiatrist will only see what he/she is capable and comfortable to see. Some patients will see him/her because they know the service is available, some may be other doctors' referrals, some may be patients that companies or an Embassy asks the hospital to take care of.
Ho Chi Minh City (previously Saigon) is the largest city in Vietnam by population. It is often abbreviated to HCM and the name was adopted in 1976 however the old Saigon name is still used by both Vietnamese and foreigners, especially when referring to the most central part of the city to where most tourists visit.
Ho Chi Minh City is a city of full of commerce and culture and is often described as having a pulsating energy that breathes life and vitality into all who decide to make HCM their home. From the finest of hotels to the cheapest of guesthouses, the classiest of restaurants to the tastiest of street stalls, the choicest of boutiques to the scrum of the markets, HCMC is a city of energy and discovery.
Once dearly called Diamond of the Far-east with the luxury level overriding that of Hongkong or Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City is now the most populated city in Vietnam. It has a mix of modern office skyscrapers, sitting amidst Oriental style pagodas and food stalls along the street help which all helps to create a dynamic urban area.
Ho Chi Minh City’s architecture and lifestyle is the reconciliation between American and Chinese influence, with many dots of modernity yet without losing Vietnamese traits and as much historical as it is modern and one of the things the city is best known for is it’s colourful night-life. Bars stay open until late and vary in style and you also have tea houses that host live music performances.
While nearly all Saigonese speak the Vietnamese language, due to the prevalence of tourism and commerce in Ho Chi Minh City, there are also a good deal of people speaking English as a second language.
What qualifications are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.