Head Medical are looking for 4 phlebotomists positions for a private health clinic in Edinburgh to start as soon as possible and would be for a minimum of 6 months fixed term contract. There will be a potential to go permanent following a successful initial period of employment. Internal training would be provided and candidates required to travel to our Headquarters in NI for 5 days to commence this, before continuing for 2-3 weeks in clinic. All travel expenses (flights, hotel ,meals) covered by the company.
Shift patterns vary and would be alternate Mondays & Saturdays, 7.40am-4.20pm, every Tuesdays & Friday 7.40am-4.20pm and every Wednesday and Thursday 10am-6.40pm.
The Role includes:
- Perform full client appointment, including taking blood, urine, personal measurements, such as weight, height, BMI, pulse and logging these on to the relevant computer systems (Patient information Systems/PIS) on-site and off-site locations.
- Accurate labelling of specimens and completion of laboratory request forms. (TOFs/eTOFs)
- Transportation of samples adhering to company policy of chain of custody.
- Update the PIS system recording client details and measurements.
- Potentially travelling offsite to events, private and corporate appointments, representing the company at all times in a competent and courteous manner.
- Be comfortable in upselling. This is a private health facility, where both product knowledge and value of testing could be required.
- The accurate completion of company forms and documentation.
- Deliver opportunistic clinic promotion using opportunities such as new client health packages.
- Support clients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote clients to live healthily and encourage principles of self-care.
- Recognise, assess and refer clients presenting with health needs to the appropriate professional (GP surgery, A+E) as per clinic procedures, in association with RH Expert/GP’s guidance.
- High level of IT literacy. The clinic use a range of IT systems and require a Phlebotomist who is fully IT literate to log client data, update several computer software systems, and update and complete daily tasks and forms.
- Utilise and demonstrate sensitive communication styles, to ensure clients are fully informed and consent to procedures.
Suitable Candidates should have the following:
- Essential: Phlebotomy certificate of competence/equivalent training.
- High Level of IT literacy including Microsoft Teams.
- Flexibility with working hours, as required by the business.
- Desirable: Experience in private healthcare setting.
Salary would be circa £26-28k dependant on experience.
Please get in touch if you or anyone you know is suitable for this role.