Singapore was ranked number 1 among 57 countries in health efficiency, according to an annual ranking compiled by Bloomberg. The healthcare system is growing exponentially from now until 2020, making this an ideal time to enjoy all of the benefits of furthering your career in an international environment in a forward thinking, English speaking country. .
- Award-winning 900 plus bed hospital
- Modern, public hospital with teaching opportunities
- JCI internationally accredited hospital
- Salaries average S$250,000-$350,000 plus with a host of employee benefits included such as child care, travel insurance, employee health cover, staff discounts and access to recreational facilities
- Excellent career progression prospects
- Work/life balance
- Continuous support with professional development
- Performance bonuses are available as well as annual salary increments
- Relocation assistance offered to foreign applicants
- A very low tax rate approx. 12.5% - 15%
Currently Palliative Care is included in the Department of Geriatric Medicine. The Department currently has one specialist and three Medical Officer-level doctors in the Palliative Care team and are looking for suitable Specialists to build the team.
Singapore has a highly diverse population, therefore this job would ideally suit a Palliative Care Doctor who can demonstrate culture awareness
The hospital is a Joint Commission Internationally-accredited general hospital offering acute and specialised care. They have a tradition of dedication, commitment and professionalism and have won many local and international awards.
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Please note that the career path for a specialist in Singapore follows Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant. We are supporting with hiring of specialists at Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant level for this department.
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. The city has an excellent blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and embodies the finest qualities of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
Singapore’s population is highly diverse; with a patient flow of Chinese, Malay, Indian and westerners as regular clientele, cultural appreciation is required.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.