We are recruiting for Band 5 Staff Nurses in Paediatrics and Neonates for Guernsey.
Frossard Ward is a general paediatric ward with 9 beds. We provide acute hospital healthcare for any child within the Bailiwick of Guernsey. Patients from birth to 18 years of age are admitted onto the ward, therefore the nurse’s care for children with diverse healthcare needs.
Within Frossard ward lies the Neonatal Unit. The Unit consists of 3 cots & takes babies from 32 weeks gestation including intensive care, high dependency & special care babies. Full job description available.
Ideal candidates should have the following skills/knowledge:
1. RN Child/RSCN.
2. Relevant Diploma/Degree.
3. Knowledge of current issues within acute health service.
4. Understanding of personal accountability.
5. Good written and oral communication skills.
6. Able to use initiative.
7. Analytical decision-making skills.
8. Team player.
9. Ability to deal with stressful situations and remain calm.
10. Flexibility able to do a full range of shifts including weekends and nights.
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses-paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. We will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme.
Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.
* All bonus payments will be paid on a pro-rata basis should the position be offered on a part time basis or if the Appointment begins or ends part way through a holiday year.
** Please see Relocation Directive 2020 for full terms and conditions
Appointment to this role will be subject to the following pre-employment checks which will be completed following an offer of employment:
- Satisfactory references which must include one from the candidate's current line manager
- Occupational Health Clearance
- Satisfactory, Enhanced, Disclosure and Barring Service Check with Barred Listing Check. Convictions likely to be considered relevant to this post include crimes involving, but not limited to, theft violence, dishonesty, fraud, vulnerable individuals and children
- Confirmation of required qualifications / registrations
- Possession of a valid Right to Work document or Permit/Certificate
If you or anyone you know is interested and has the relevant qualifications and experience, please get in touch. We offer a referral bonus (T&C's apply).
Please note: Should the successful applicant not meet the requirements sufficiently he/she may be appointed at a lower grade than stated. The successful applicant would then have the opportunity to progress to the grade advertised once the necessary skills and knowledge have been developed and the postholder has demonstrated the ability to undertake the duties at the higher level.