Experience life in the world's largest city! China is the world's most populous country and currently has the fastest growing economy in the world. As wealthier Chinese, and the ever expanding ex-pat population seek improved healthcare services, our client is growing significantly over the next few years to meet this demand. You will be joining an established private hospital in a healthcare company that was established 20 years ago. If you are seeking a new challenge or are looking to return to Asia after a spell overseas, please do get in touch.
- JCI accredited hospital
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- All support team in the hospital from junior doctors to reception staff speak English
- Continuous support with professional development
- Salaries are generous, with a host of employee benefits
- Tax incentives for foreign workers, including on school fees and housing
- Medical benefits for consultant and dependents
- Relocation services including flights, accommodation in China on arrival, employment pass etc
Often referred to as the ‘New York’ of Asia, Shangai is the world’s largest city and has an ever growing population of around 24 Million residents. As China is opening up to the world, Shanghai is among the chief beneficiaries and in 2016 it was named the most attractive city for expats (for the fourth time in six years) by International Talent Magazine. Shanghai is home to over 170,000 expats as of 2015.
Shanghai Boasts fantastic downtown nightlife and Night Lights and as the world's fastest growing city, Shanghai is no stranger to world-class clubbing and pubbing. On the other side of that, if you are relocating with your family, the first thing ex-pat parents will tell you is that Shanghai is an extremely safe environment. Chinese people love children and will go to great lengths to entertain and spoil your youngsters at any given opportunity (which can be a little overwhelming and strange at first). With inexpensive domestic help, you will also find yourself, instead of being loaded down with chores, you are able to spend more quality time with your children, taking them swimming, or to the park, or to one of Shanghai's amazing museums. Eating out is also notably more enjoyable with children in Shanhgai as children are welcome everywhere – even in high end restaurants and many also have child-friendly facilities.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
You will be working as a Paediatrician treating patients who are locally from China and also ex-pats and foreign nationals.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK FLUENT ENGLISH AND ONE OTHER LOCAL CHINESE LANGUAGE i.e Cantonese or Mandarin.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.