Location: Wellington Region
Service: Children's Health Service - Surgery, Women's and Children's Directorate
Contract: Permanent, Full time
About the role
This role would be suited to someone who would like the opportunity to join a service that: continues to grow; is committed to team work; and aims to provide excellent regional specialist clinical care in Paediatric Surgery.
National changes to the provision of health care and the expansion of outreach Paediatric Surgical care requires someone who is committed to working collaboratively with a team of paediatric surgeons to deliver a high standard of clinical practice. The Department is building to establish a team of four full-time surgeons who will provide paediatric surgery to Wellington and the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand.
The service covers general Paediatric Surgery including urology, neonatal surgery, chest wall and non-cardiac thoracic surgery. Wellington is a major centre for Maternofoetal Medicine. The service has excellent support from Neonatology, Paediatric Anaesthesia and Paediatric Radiology among other services.
- Vocationally registered in Paediatric Surgery with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- FRACS or equivalent qualification or to be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ
- SET trainees towards of their RACS training in paediatric surgery can apply in the expectation that they will have their RACS Fellowship in paediatric surgery by the time they commence employment
- If you are applying from overseas, you must meet the New Zealand Immigration Service requirements
- Be able to demonstrate collegial working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams
Here at the 2DHBs, we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.