We have opportunities for Paediatric SHO/ Middle Grades located in Bundaberg – the Coral Coast region of Queensland!
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland.
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef.
- Excellent range of affordable housing – live in a house on the beach, apartment in the marina or on a farm in the hinterlands.
Bundaberg Hospital is a 247-bed facility servicing the Bundaberg, North Burnett and parts of the Gladstone region. The hospital provides medical staff with broad clinical exposure, hands-on experience and great access to procedural skills. providing services such as 24 hour emergency department, theatre & anaesthetics, breast screening, general medicine, general surgery, obstetrics, gynaecology, intensive care/coronary care, pathology, paediatrics, renal services, specialist outpatients, orthopaedics, rehabilitation, palliative care, medical imaging and the Community Hospital Interface Program (CHIP). Specialist services include gastroenterology, radiology, respiratory, rheumatology, oncology, paediatric respiratory, genetics and urology. You will have direct contact with Senior clinicians and active involvement with patient care and opportunities for clinical research.
There Medical Education unit offers an extensive programme, including:
- Weekly junior doctor education session
- Monthly Grand Rounds
- Intern and junior doctor-focused department/unit education program, teleconferenced multidisciplinary team meetings, video conferenced teaching and educational sessions with tertiary facilities
- On-site skills and professional development workshops including suturing, plastering, ECG workshops, ALS and Teaching on the Run
- Simulation training in Queensland’s most active non-metropolitan facility
Bundaberg is where the Great Barrier Reef begins and centres of the picturesque Burnett River. The region also boasts one of the most important turtle breeding grounds in the world, at Mon Repos. The area is nestled below the Southern Great Barrier Reef and represents an incredible place to lead the life you always wanted to have. It really does provide a platform to enjoy a laid back, easy going subtropical coastal lifestyle that only Queensland can offer. Just 15 minutes’ drive from the city are the pristine shores of Coral Coast. Here you can fish, dive, whale and dolphin spot, and snorkel the Lady Musgrave and Lady Elliot coral cays.
Bundaberg offers some worthwhile added benefits, including low-cost rental accommodation, a short traffic-free commute to work and free parking near hospital grounds
You can find out more about Bundaberg here