There is an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon to join Hawke's Bay District Health Board. This is a new 0.75FTE / 30 hours per week appointment.
The Region: The hospital consistently attracts high calibre doctors because of what the region has to offer. With some of the best schools in New Zealand, easy commutes to and from work, access to beautiful beaches and sporting venues within one of the most temperate climates in New Zealand, Hawke's Bay is also famous for its wine, food, cultural events and outdoor recreational activities. It is a great place to bring up children.
The Hospital: Fallen Soldiers Memorial Hospital is the regional base hospital for Hawkes Bay. Situated in Hastings it is one of the largest provincial hospitals in New Zealand. It is a 400 bed accredited public facility providing acute and elective care for a region of over 160,000 people. The hospital is a modern facility, with excellent Intensive Care, Emergency Department facilities, and modern scanning equipment.
The Job: The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service provides head and neck oncology (including skin cancer), trauma, congenital facial deformity correction and dentoalveolar surgical services for Hawkes Bay. There are excellent relationships with all medical and surgical services in the hospital and General Medical and Dental Practitioners in the region. In addition, there are strong ties to tertiary referral units. It is a busy unit, well supported and with exciting opportunities to expand.
The successful applicant must be registrable as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with the Medical and Dental Councils of New Zealand and practice a broad range of oral and maxillofacial procedures, ideally with subspecialty training.
Duties will include acute and elective work and 1:4 on call roster. The services, although under the Department of Surgery, has an excellent and important relationship with Oral health Services.
If being part of a team, professionally and personally fulfilled in a tight knit rural community sounds like you, then please apply.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
- Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
- We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward, so if you refer a Friend and we place them, you’ll receive £250! Click here for details…
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice