Service: Ophthalmology Service
Contract: Permanent, part time 0.8 FTE - starting ASAP
About the role
We are looking for a Consultant Ophthalmologist with sub-specialist training in anterior segment. The successful applicant will be joining a dynamic, busy team and will be interested in making a difference to the patients we serve. We are looking for someone who has completed their anterior segment fellowship.
It is an exciting time to be part of the ophthalmology team as we look at unique ways of managing patient care. We require someone who thrives on change and thrives on being busy.
The ophthalmology team is a fun, friendly team who thrive on working in a changing, dynamic and busy environment. You will work with different health professionals including nurses, junior doctors and allied health staff.
- Vocationally registered in Ophthalmology or eligible with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- FRANZCO or equivalent qualification and be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ
- Training and experience in anterior segment
- On call component
- Work in collaboration with multidisciplinary team
- Able to provide consistently high standards of medical care
- Relevant experience and training
The district is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. We operate three hospitals as well as the Kāpiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
Here we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
How to apply
Please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.