Looking for a tree change where you can live and work in an environment with open spaces, sunshine and time on your side? Great opportunity for Consultant OBGYN professionals in NSW.
- Fantastic lifestyle in a beautiful historic city - Australia's oldest inland city.
- Regular short flights to Sydney (50 mins, 3 times a day) or a 2.5 hour drive.
- Salary package up to AUD$356,000 (dependent upon experience)
- Excellent choice of some of the best schools in Australia - public, private and university.
- Large, varied and affordable housing - buy a few acres of land and graze cattle or grow some olives, vines or fruit trees….
- Home to one of Australia's premier motor racing circuits.
- Lovely climate with warm summers and mild winters.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience but also the desire to pursue leadership aspects of the role.
Bathurst Hospital serves a population of over 60,000 people and the Emergency Department sees over 25,000 patients per year. The hospital is a modern campus built approximately 12 years ago. Surgical services include day surgery, general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, O&G, and ophthalmology. A 7 bed combined ICU / HDU / CCU supports complex surgery and medicine. Paediatric, renal dialysis, hospital in the home and day only chemotherapy services are also provided
It is currently undergoing accreditation as a training facility for emergency medicine, while the obstetricians and gynaecologists have been working with the general manager to upgrade the maternity unit to level 4 and the special care nursery to Level 3. They now meet Ministry of Health standards for this upgrade which means premature babies can be treated locally rather than undergo the long trip to Sydney. Additionally, with the appointment of an intensive care specialist the intensive care unit is being upgraded to be a fully accredited level 4 service.