We're seeking a Consultant/ Staff Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology to be based in Rockhampton, Central Queensland - a regional city which offers an ideal lifestyle and is the southern gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$446,000 depending on experience.
- Overtime & on-call allowances are in addition to the package above.
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef
- Excellent schooling options and very family friendly
- Main referral hospital for Central Queensland
The Role and Hospital
Rockhampton Hospital is a 305-bed facility and is the main referral hospital for Central Queensland. Rockhampton Mental Health Service Inpatient Unit, Older persons Inpatient Unit and Acute Care Team are located on the campus of Rockhampton Hospital. This role is to assist the Director of Obstetrics and Gynaecology with:
· ensuring that clinical services are of the highest standard,
· education and supervision of surgical trainees and other medical staff, medical students, and allied health, interested community groups and nursing staff,
· day-to-day management of O&G services including active participation in patient safety, clinical audit, research, and service planning activities.
What are we looking for?
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (FRANCOG) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
Rockhampton’s colonial history can be seen in its palm tree-lined streets and grand old heritage buildings – some of which have been lovingly restored to give the city a real ‘Aussie’ charm, creating a real sense of community. The region offers a superb lifestyle and a healthy family environment with a range of cultural, recreational and sporting activities. Real estate prices are affordable with a choice of town, coast or country living. Stroll along the river, drive out to the coast exploring the many beaches, discover Carnarvon National Park, spend time enjoying the galleries and botanic gardens, as well as the Great Barrier Reef - the lifestyle is peaceful and serene here.
Brisbane is just a short 1 hour flight from Rockhampton’s local airport.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.