Obstetrician & Gynaecologist - Blenheim
Our client seeks a senior Obstetrician & Gynaecologist to join the Women, Child, & Youth Department
- Permanent Position 0.7 FTE (56 hours a fortnight)
- Be part of a dynamic team
- On call allowance
- Blenheim, New Zealand
About this position
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality services to improve health and well-being of the female population in Marlborough region.
- Participate in the O&G 1:4 on-call roster
- Join a supportive multidisciplinary team including four at Blenheim, five O&G Specialists in Nelson, one RANZCOG Advanced O&G Trainee, two House Surgeons, one Trainee Intern (through University of Otago, Christchurch), and midwives.
- Teach and develop our junior O&G team.
- Have an opportunity to engage with different primary birthing units in the region.
- Have an opportunity to achieve work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand’s most sought after regions.
Who is an appropriate applicant?
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring their Obstetrics and Gynaecology expertise and competencies to contribute to the advanced treatment and medical care of the female patients in the region.
- Have experience in advanced laparoscopic surgery, urogynaecological surgery, and management experience.
- Hold or be eligible for C-QuiP certification for colposcopy.
- Hold FRANZCOG or equivalent post graduate qualification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Obstetrics and Gynaecology with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
The benefits of this position
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. Blenheim offers all the attraction and convenience one would expect with close proximity to the Marlborough Sounds and National Parks.
Marlborough offers an amazing friendly and safe community to raise a family and enjoy ‘kiwilife’ at its best. Marlborough has 20% of New Zealand’s coastline and boasts 2400 sunshine hours per year. It is unrivalled in the array of easily accessible leisure pursuits and outdoor activities it provides, sailing and mountain biking, hiking being very popular.
The region offers endless opportunities for walking/hiking, water sports, and skiing. The region is also well known for its award-winning wineries, art, local theatre and convention centre hosting visiting shows, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
About our team
The organisation is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Blenheim but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.