Are you an Obstetrics & Gynaecology Consultant looking for a 12 month contact or sabbatical opportunity? I am currently working on a 12 month fixed term contract in beautiful coastal Gisborne starting ASAP.
- Due to the short term nature of the role and the requirement to work as a specialist, this position requires you to be eligible to register via Locum Tenens with Medical Council of New Zealand, meaning you should hold FRANZCOG (or equivalent, e.g. FRCOG with CCT).
- Competitive salary, reasonably priced housing and a variety of inexpensive leisure activities make living in this part of New Zealand a positive choice
- Ideal locum opportunity
The role is a 12 month fixed term with the ability to extend if required. You will work with an enthusiastic team of 3 Ob/Gyn Consultants. There are approximately 700 births per year at Hauora Tairāwhiti with most deliveries being performed by midwives. Obstetricians act as consultants, and also run the gynaecology and colposcopy services.
- Capable of making informed decisions in a high risk, rural environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Able to assess acute clinical situations and act decisively.
- Experience in working in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to work with conflict effectively
- Drivers licence
New Zealand is the size of Great Britain but with 56 million less people. People tend to be very relaxed, have more space and queues and traffic jams are rarities, especially here on the East Cape of the North Island.
Gisborne is the capital coastal city of the area with a regional population 46,000, known for its laidback lifestyle and white sandy beaches. Referred to as “Gizzy” by the locals, it features a prevalent café culture and restaurants which serve locally sourced fresh produce, and some of the best New Zealand wines and cheeses. Local schools are excellent and real estate is affordably priced. Major industries contributing to the local economy include horticulture, wine production, farming, forestry and fishing.
Gisborne generally enjoys warm summers (up to mid-30s degrees) and mild winters and is one of the sunniest places in New Zealand with average yearly sunshine of around 2200 hours. And it's also the first place in New Zealand to see the sunrise each morning.
Locals enjoy easy access to a fantastic untouched natural environment, which lends itself to such outdoor pastimes as surfing, fishing, sailing, swimming, mountain biking and hill walking to name a few. It’s also a popular holiday destination for other visiting Kiwis in the summertime, which also features annual music festivals and surfing competitions.
Find out more about Gisborne and the East Cape here
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward if you refer a Friend and we place them! Click here for details