Have you ever dreamed of working close to tropical waters where you can have the opportunity to dive, snorkel, swim and spend your free time exploring sun drenched and isolated reefs? The Maldives is well known as a dream destination for honeymooners and holiday makers however we are excited to be working in partnership with a private hospital in the Maldives that is planning to transform the healthcare landscape of this stunning archipelago.
The hospital, is targeted to open early 2018 and will be a world class tertiary hospital and it’s aim is to improve the health standard of people living in the Maldives. If you think you may be available to commit to a 2 year contract or longer, please do get in touch with me for further details.
What’s on offer?
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- Employment in a brand new hospital with state of the art facilities
- Generous TAX FREE salary package (salary level will be based on experience) with option to earn commission
- Accommodation provided, close to the hospital
- Meals provided while working in the hospital
- Opportunity to be part of a historical first
- Relatively quick medical registration process
- Two year contracts available – option to stay longer
- Flexible start date
- 30 days annual leave, plus CIRCA 15 days public holidays
- CME allowance and leave
The Ideal candidate will have endoscopic surgical experience and ultrasound/echo experience.
The hospital follows a 48 hour working week pattern. The working day is usually 8 hours per day with 1 hour for lunch but the department is a blank sheet currently so working patterns can change due to how consultants want to run their departments. Translation services are on hand to assist with non-English speaking patients.
Based very close the capital of the Republic of Maldives (Male) you will be working in a 188-bed multidisciplinary tertiary care hospital in Hulhumale. Located in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives lie southwest of India and Sri Lanka (in the Arabian sea). There are twenty-six atolls which make up one of the world's most geographically dispersed countries. It is also the smallest Asian country by both land area and population, with a little over 393,500 inhabitants but this population can double during peak holiday seasons so you may also treat tourists while working at the hospital.
The Maldives is a majority Muslim country therefore alcohol is prohibited outside of the international resorts and there are restrictions around what you can wear at the beach if you are female. Most doctors working at the hospital will spend their days off or holidays visiting the exceptional international resorts (some offer reduced rates to hospital employees) and you can purchase alcohol at HIH hotel close to the airport if you are a foreigner, so some ex-pats socialise there.
Hulhumale is fairly quiet and most activities revolve around beach activities and watersports. The Island is made from reclaimed land and there is a lot of development of the Island also taking place around the hospital.
What qualifications are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL AND HAVE A CLEAN MEDICAL LICENSE.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.