Have you ever dreamed of working close to tropical waters where you can have the opportunity to dive, snorkel, swim and spend your weekends exploring sun drenched and isolated reefs? The Maldives is well known as a dream destination for honeymooners and holiday makers however we are excited to be working in partnership with a private hospital in the Maldives that is planning to transform the healthcare landscape of this stunning archipelago.
The hospital, is targeted to open in October 2017 and will be a world class tertiary hospital and it’s aim is to improve the health standard of people living in the Maldives. If you think you may be available to commit to a 2 year contract or longer, please do get in touch with me for further details.
What’s on offer?
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- Employment in a brand new hospital with state of the art facilities
- Generous TAX FREE salary package (salary level will be based on experience) with option to earn commission
- Accommodation provided, close to the hospital (please note accommodation will be 1 bedroom apartment so not suitable for families)
- Meals provided while working in the hospital
- Opportunity to be part of a historical first
- Relatively quick medical registration process
- Two year contracts available – option to stay longer
- Flexible start date
- 30 days annual leave, plus CIRCA 10 days public holidays
- CME allowance and leave
The hospital follows a 6 day working week pattern with Friday as your weekly day off. The working day is 8 hours per day with 1 hour for lunch. Translation services are on hand to assist with non-English speaking patients.
Based very close the capital of the Republic of Maldives (Male) you will be working in a 188-bed multidisciplinary tertiary care hospital in Hulhumale. Located in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives lie southwest of India and Sri Lanka (in the Arabian sea). There are twenty-six atolls which make up one of the world's most geographically dispersed countries. It is also the smallest Asian country by both land area and population, with a little over 393,500 inhabitants but this population can double during peak holiday seasons so you may also treat tourists while working at the hospital.
Malé is both a city and an island, combining cosmopolitan style with laid-back islander roots. It has a spectacular skyline with candy coloured buildings and there are turquoise waters that lap onto the many man-made beaches. Male is only 1.7 Kms long and 1 Km wide but is population to around 100,000 people so it is the most densely populated city in the world, although this does make it very easy to get around so you don’t have to worry about a long commute on the tube or bus to work everyday.
Malé is also home to a surprising concentration of shops and markets. The local market on the northern side of the island is a great place to catch a glimpse of local life while shopping for inexpensive but fresh fruits and vegetables. Two blocks away is the fish market and there are also an abundance of textile shops on the island. English is widely spoken and the Maldives is a majority Muslim country.
What qualifications are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL AND HAVE A CLEAN MEDICAL LICENSE.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.