Thanks to its thriving economy, residents in Singapore enjoy high-quality health care, education, personal safety, and housing standards and the country is consistently ranked as one of the top destinations for international ex-pats. It may be the world’s second most densely populated country, but the city-state is also famous for being clean, pleasant and family friendly. If you are a doctor, trained in Pathology and considering a lifestyle change overseas, then please do get in touch.
- 840 Bed major tertiary referral centre
- Academic healthcare institution
- Award winning hospital
- World-class clinical training and research centre
- Centre of clinical excellence
- Teaching opportunities
- Continuous support with professional development
- Salaries average 100,000 UK Pounds to 180,000 UK Pounds per annum, with a host of employee benefits (higher salary for Senior consultant)
- Performance bonuses
- Medical benefits for consultant and dependents
- Relocation services including flights, guidance on relocation of pets, accommodation in Singapore, employment pass, taxation system, local education system, banking and the local transport system.
- A low tax rate of 12.5%-15% - that means more money left over to spend!
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
Who are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
Singapore’s population is highly diverse; with a patient flow of Chinese, Malay, Indian and westerners as regular clientele, cultural appreciation is required.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.