The Lion City looks set to become Asia’s new trading capital, completing the transformation from port city to global financial hub. It may be the world’s second most densely populated country, but the city-state is also famous for being clean, pleasant and family friendly. The healthcare system is growing exponentially from now until 2020 and now is the time to enjoy all of the benefits of furthering your career in an international environment so please do get in touch if you would like to further your career in Pathology.
- Brand New Public General hospital
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Be part of one of largest academic healthcare clusters
- Salaries average 120,000 - 180,000 UK Pounds equivalent
- Specialist allowance on offer
- Relocation assistance provided for foreign applicants
- Medical benefits on offer
- A very low tax rate of 12.5% - 15% – that means more income left over for you to spend!
What's the role?
You will provide and maintain high quality Microbiology service and work in collaboration with other healthcare professionals in the day-to-day treatment of patients. You will also take up responsibilities in areas of Clinical, Education, Research and Administration. This includes teaching of junior doctors, participating in scholarly activities, and involving in non-clinical administrative duties.
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
Please note that the career path for a specialist in Singapore follows Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant. We are supporting with hiring of specialists at Consultant and Senior Consultant level for this department.
Singapore’s population is highly diverse; with a patient flow of Chinese, Malay, Indian and westerners as regular clientele, cultural appreciation is required.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.