Thanks to its thriving economy, residents in Singapore enjoy high-quality health care, education, personal safety, and housing standards and the country is consistently ranked as one of the top destinations for international ex-pats. It may be the world’s second most densely populated country, but the city-state is also famous for being clean, pleasant and family friendly. If you are a doctor, trained in Pathology and considering a lifestyle change overseas, then please do get in touch. The hospital plan to be in the UK in June 2020 to interview interested candidates face to face and to provide more information about career opportunities in this hospital and the process.
What’s on offer?
- State of the art facilities - some of the best in the world!
- World class teaching hospital
- 2 or 3 year contract with option to renew
- English speaking work environment
- Salaries average 150,00 - 200,000 UK Pounds per annum equivalent (exchange rates can fluctuate) but can be higher depending on experience
- Host of employee benefits
- Eco-friendly facility
- Excellent career progression prospects
- Performance bonuses are available as well as annual salary increments
- Relocation assistance provided for foreign applicants
- A very low tax rate of Approx. 12.5% - 15%– that means more income left over for you to spend!
What is the role?
We are looking for a Consultant Microbiologist to lead the Microbiology section of the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology in a new healthcare institution. Interested candidates must be eligible for registration with the Singapore Medical Council, and hold a postgraduate qualification from the Royal College of Pathologists or the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia, or a qualification recognised by these bodies. Candidates should demonstrate good teamwork and communication skills, working knowledge of laboratory operations, and a commitment to quality improvement: there are plans to introduce total laboratory automation for Microbiology in a few years. Candidates are expected to participate in institutional programmes for infection control and antimicrobial stewardship. The role will be mainly lab based.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
Please note that the career path for a specialist in Singapore follows Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant.
We are seeking candidates for this role who have a minimum of 2 year's experience already working at consultant level in their home country.
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.