If you are making plans for the next step in your career and are looking to gain some experience abroad next year, this could be the role for you. Head Medical are currently looking for a Medical Registrar who would like to work in New Zealand from August 2021 for at least 6 months (this can be extended if the candidate wishes to stay longer). This role is based in the popular Bay of Plenty region on North Island which boasts some of the best beaches and climate in New Zealand, providing a truly amazing lifestyle experience.
Based in Whakatane hospital, which has approximately 100 inpatient beds encompassing, the normal working hours for this role will be Monday to Friday 9am-5pm with no rostered long days, weekends or nights. This role provides the ultimate work-life balance, allowing ample time to explore and enjoy the wonders of New Zealand and all the many activities, attractions and natural beauty it has to offer!
Duties will include:
- carrying the GP phone and accepting calls from GPs for advice requesting review and admission of patients
- assessment and treatment of patients referred to hospital acutely with Medical problems
- support house officers working in medicine seeing acutely presenting patients in the ED, giving advice and providing clinical reviews as necessary
- work closely with the Consultant on call to discuss cases referred and seen, escalating any concerns around patients’ conditions appropriately
- participate in an outpatient clinic once a week
The successful candidate must be eligible for provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Head Medical can advise you of your eligibility based on your qualifications and experience.
To find out more, please contact Leona Young on +44 7825 303392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org