Radiology Department, Tauranga
- Enjoy variety in your workplace
- Car park + Subsidised gym membership
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint an Interventional Radiologist.
This is a 1.0 FTE position with Te Whatu Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty, the position is based at Tauranga, but with a commitment to supporting services across the Bay of Plenty, including Whakatāne.
The Radiology Department is organised into Interventional/ fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, CT, General X-Ray, and a private MRI facility is operational onsite. The service has 4 general rooms (includes 1 room in the Emergency Department), 2 Toshiba CT scanners, 5 ultrasound machines and a Siemens angiography/fluoroscopy suite. The radiology workload comprises of general radiology, ultrasound, MDCT, angiography and a range of interventional procedures. An on-call component allows us to offer a 24- hour acute service, with overnight reporting provided by teleradiology services.
You would be joining an Interventional Radiology team currently consisting of 4 Interventionalists, (who work varying FTE). The interventional work would include a wide range of Vascular, Oncology and General IR procedures. All peripheral vascular procedures in the hospital are provided by the Interventional Radiology team and endovascular aortic aneurysm repairs are performed in conjunction with the Vascular service. There is also a range of Interventional Oncology procedures performed including trans-arterial embolisation and percutaneous ablation.
You would also contribute to our general radiology component and general out of hours roster with overnight reporting provided by teleradiology services. The appointee would join an amazing team of 21 Radiologists, 6 Registrars, MIT's, administration, orderlies and nurses.
As the ideal person for this role, you will have:
- Previous experience/Post fellowship training in Interventional Radiology with the ability to perform RANZCR Tier B Interventional procedures.
- FRANZCR or a similar Post Graduate Radiology qualification
- Either have or be eligible for general or vocational Registration with the New Zealand Medical Council.
- A natural affinity for relationship building with both patients and staff alike
- team player attitude through and through, with refined communication skills
- In-House career development
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
If you are interested in this rare opportunity, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.