Experience life, as a doctor, working in a private clinic in the vibrant capital city of Ghana, Accra! If you are seeking a new challenge and would like the opportunity to fast-track your career in an emerging market, please do get in touch. This role is to help set up and establish a Radiology service for a US owned and operated Private clinic and is an opportunity to help bring hallmark care to West African's who want access to non-invasive same day surgery and interventions that they would otherwise have to travel abroad for.
What's on offer?
- International standard basic salary (approx 225,000 USD - 275,000 USD per annum (negotiable)
- Bonus and commission
- Professional indemnity insurance provided
- Retirement fund contribution
- Housing Support
- Mon - Fri working pattern
- Relocation assistance
- Continuous support with professional development
- Opportunity to develop service from scratch (Essential OR equipment of US Standard already in place)
Ghana is the fastest growing economy in the world this year and Accra (Ghana’s capital city) is a vibrant metropolis like many other capital cities in the world. Accra’s estimated population is around 4 Million residents. Ghanaians are noted for their hospitality and friendliness and open-arms approach to everything.
Owing to its location Accra features a tropical savanna climate that borders on a hot semi-arid climate. The chief rainy season begins in April and ends in mid-July, whilst a weaker second rainy season occurs in October. Very little variation in temperature occurs throughout the year with an annual average of 27.6 °C
Ghana is a multilingual country in which about eighty languages are spoken. Of these, English, which was inherited from the colonial era, is the official language and lingua franca.
Economic activities in Accra include the financial and commercial sectors, fishing and the manufacture of processed food, lumber, plywood, textiles, clothing and chemicals. Tourism is becoming a thriving source of business for those in arts and crafts, historical sites and local travel and tour agents. The Oxford Street in the district of Osu has grown to become the hub of business and night life in Accra.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Board certified in USA or equivalent qualification
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia or New Zealand
- Specialist medical qualification from Europe or South African equivalent
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE IN ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.