Thanks to its thriving economy, residents in Singapore enjoy high-quality health care, education, personal safety, and housing standards and the country is consistently ranked as one of the top destinations for international ex-pats. It may be the world’s second most densely populated country, but the city-state is also famous for being clean, pleasant and family friendly. If you are a doctor, trained in Internal Medicine and considering a lifestyle change overseas, then please do get in touch. PLEASE NOTE that if you have a sub-specialty interest, this can be accommodated so split approx 50/50 in your job plan. The hospital plan to be in the UK in June 2020 to interview interested candidates face to face and to provide more information about career opportunities in this hospital and the process.
What’s on offer?
- State of the art facilities - some of the best in the world!
- World class teaching hospital
- 2 or 3 year contract with option to renew
- English speaking work environment
- Salaries average 150,00 - 200,000 UK Pounds per annum equivalent (exchange rates can fluctuate) but can be higher depending on experience
- Host of employee benefits
- Eco-friendly facility
- Excellent career progression prospects
- Performance bonuses are available as well as annual salary increments
- Relocation assistance provided for foreign applicants
- A very low tax rate of Approx. 12.5% - 15%– that means more income left over for you to spend!
What is the role?
The department of medicine is developing team of dynamic and committed physicians, serving the needs of an aging population with multi-morbidity, yet retaining the capacity to deliver specialised care when required. We are looking for Internists to provide holistic, patient centred care in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The ideal applicant will be someone with strong knowledge and skills in acute and internal medicine, open to the challenges of service development, resilient and flexible in the face of rapid change, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Internists will lead the healthcare teams in their respective areas and work closely with fellow healthcare professionals in providing holistic care to patients. In addition, they will be involved in teaching and guiding undergraduate and postgraduate students and other healthcare providers. They may also be involved in intra- and interdepartmental projects and committees and any other tasks as assigned by the Head of Department.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
Please note that the career path for a specialist in Singapore follows Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant.
We are seeking candidates for this role who have a minimum of 2 year's experience already working at consultant level in their home country.
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.