- World-renowned Cardiovascular Service – Auckland, New Zealand!
- A lifestyle experience combined with state of art clinical learning exposure within a national referral centre of excellence
- Flexibility to suit your circumstance – Permanent or Fixed Term Sabbatical, negotiable
- Attractive remuneration & relocation package
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Combine a New Zealand lifestyle experience whilst practicing in an outstanding clinical setting with flexible working arrangements.
Our Cardiothoracic and Vascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) at Auckland is a stand-alone Intensive Care department with 18 ICU and 8 HDU beds. We provide care to patients following all cardiothoracic and vascular surgery as well as heart and lung transplantation. We also provide mechanical cardiac and respiratory support for the sickest patients in the country as the National ECMO referral centre. Patient care is managed by Intensivists and Cardiac Anaesthetists.
In this role:
- You will work closely with a small team of skilled Intensive care specialists and nurses so collegiality and good communication skills will be valued.
- The position involves provision of consultant level cover for the ICU and HDU including after hours on call.
- Cardiac Anaesthetists with experience in complex postoperative care will be considered.
- Total remuneration includes allowances for out of hours cover resulting in a significant package.
- Requirements for NZ medical registration and college membership will be discussed.
Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland has the largest hospital in New Zealand and is based in the heart of Auckland City which has been voted one of the best cities in the world. The city is set in a pristine marine-based environment with a temperate climate and has a population of around 1.6 million. It has a vibrant mixture of lifestyles and cultures and offers easy access to stunning and diverse scenery and a wonderful range of outdoor pursuits. With its beautiful countryside and dynamic metropolitan centres, New Zealand offers a lifestyle suitable for all. This is an excellent opportunity for you to come and experience the kiwi lifestyle and hospitality!
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.