Head Medical are currently recruiting for a Head of Laboratory Services/Consultant Pathologist to join a very large state-run corporation in Qatar.
You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and maintaining the service delivery, strategic planning, development and operational management of our client's medical laboratory services.
Experience & Skills required
- CCT/American or Canadian Board/ Western Europe Specialist Qualification in one of the following Specialties: Clinical Pathology, Haematology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Microbiology;
- Medical degree or MBBCh (essential);
- Minimum experience of 10 years as a Consultant in one of the following: Clinical Pathology, Haematology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Microbiology in a multi-disciplinary clinical laboratory with a knowledge of basic Blood Banking and Serology. Of the 10 years, experience in a leadership/ managerial capacity is essential;
- Current licence to practice as a Consultant;
- Experience in blood sampling techniques, results analysis & interpretation of different laboratory tests, use of fully automated & computerized laboratory machines (essential);
- Experience in the use of fully automated and computerised Laboratory machines;
- Competitive tax free (at source) salary;
- Annual leave: 37 working days plus official holidays;
- Accommodation Allowance;
- Transportation Allowance; QAR 2,000 per month;
- Children Schooling: Education allowance;
- Annual flights for you, spouse and up to 4 children;
- Annual Corporate Bonus;
- Annual Performance Appraisal;
- End of service benefit;
- Medical & Dental (limited) care provided for you and immediate family members;
- Life Insurance: Covered for you;
Qatar provides a safe and family-friendly expatriate lifestyle. There are fabulous shops, restaurants, museums, cultural events, world-class universities and social and sporting clubs and facilities. The country is located on the east coast of the Arabian Peninsula, and with an area of 11,437 sq. km it’s fairly small in land mass (roughly half the size of Wales). In 2010, Qatar had the world's highest GDP per capita, while the economy grew by 19.4%, the fastest in the world. The main source of Qatar’s wealth is its vast reserves of natural gas which have made it one of the richest countries in the world.
Qatar is pressing ahead with ambitious social, economic and infrastructure development plans and will invest tens of billions of pounds in developing its infrastructure over the next 10 years. Rapid population growth is driving demand for accommodation (both residential and commercial) and medical and education services.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK’s specialist in international medical recruitment and we’ve helped many Doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.