Singapore offers fantastic career opportunities, a year-round tropical climate and the opportunity to earn a low-tax salary! With tremendous growth happening across the healthcare system, now is the ideal time to make a move to this bustling and thoroughly modern country. Not only will you be working in one of the most advanced and efficient healthcare systems in the world, you will also be generously compensated and supported.
- Brand New General hospital – to service North East Singapore
- The role can be tailored to the Consultant (all experience considered)
- Opportunity to make a difference
- English speaking work environment
- Be part of one of largest academic healthcare clusters
- Salaries average 100,000 - 200,000 UK Pounds equivalent
- Specialist allowance on offer
- Relocation assistance provided for foreign applicants
- Medical benefits on offer
- A very low tax rate of 12.5% - 15% – that means more income left over for you to spend!
The new hospital which will set the future for Singapore will be a 1400 bed integrated development and will deliver holistic, multi-disciplinary and patient-centric care covering all major healthcare disciplines.
Initially, the facilities will provide high level of care from an existing hospital in Singapore, operating with a 250 bed capacity. This interim facility will support the local community while the future premises are being developed.
There are multiple roles available within the Pathology department so if you are keen, please do get in touch and you should have the opportunity to discuss your preferences and interests directly with the hospital.
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
Please note that the career path for a specialist in Singapore follows Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant. We are supporting with hiring of specialists at Associate consultant and Consultant level for this department.
Singapore’s population is highly diverse; with a patient flow of Chinese, Malay, Indian and westerners as regular clientele, cultural appreciation is required.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.