We have a fantastic opportunity for a Haematologist to join a new state of the art facility at the Wellington Blood and Cancer Centre. This is a great opportunity to experience a clinical role in a state-of-the-art tertiary hospital, renowned for its teaching and research opportunities, and to embrace the famous kiwi lifestyle in a vibrant and cosmopolitan city known locally as the “Capital of Cool”.
The Health Board serves a population of about 270,000 and provides some specialist services for a regional population of about 900,000 delivering community, primary, secondary and tertiary health services. The post will incorporate a full mix of Haematology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology and Palliative Care services. The Haematology team provides clinical haematology services to a catchment of 500,000 people. This encompasses the management of the full spectrum of haematological malignancies including auto and allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Services are provided for non-malignant haematology including haemostasis and thrombosis services. There is full involvement in the Haematology Laboratory Service and an opportunity for clinical research.
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on your experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave
- Multidisciplinary team working
- Applicants are expected to have completed the requirements for FRACP/ FRCPA or equivalent
Ranked 4th best place to visit in the world by Lonely Planet in 2011, Wellington is the political and cultural centre of New Zealand, offering the luxury of living in a small city with big city advantages, with a magnificent harbour framed by hills. The relatively young and affluent population is reflected in the excellent range of schools, the huge range of cultural events and more cafes and restaurants per head of population than New York (by the way, Wellingtonians love their coffee!).
The international airport makes connections to the other parts of the world and elsewhere within New Zealand very easy. Housing is affordable and of a high quality with a range of lifestyle options whether you want to live in a city apartment, beach house or country property and nearly every inhabitant lives within 3km of the coast. Beyond the city and its beautiful harbour you have a wild and rugged coastline, mountains, ski fields, wineries and historical towns all within easy reach making this a perfect lifestyle destination.
More on Wellington
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and
It was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultant are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Consultants in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward Click here for details
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice