New Year, New Lifestyle, New Zealand 2017
We have an exciting opportunities in the heart of the Manawatu-Wanganui Region for a General Practitioner who is looking to relocate to the North Island of New Zealand.
The Manawatu-Wanganui Region sits on the lower West Coast of New Zealand’s North Island and can been viewed as being perfectly placed to explore both the North & The South Island. Situated only a 1.5 hours’ drive from New Zealand’s capital City Wellington, 45 minute from Palmerston North, 3 hours’ drive from the North Island premier skiing destination Mount Ruapehu & 3.5 hours’ drive from the famous Lakes Region, this truly is a gateway to explore the best of what New Zealand has to offer.
- Immanent start date
- $95-$100 hourly rate with a very attractive benefits package
- Opportunities in General Practice and for those with a special interest in Acute A&M work
- Be part of a practice that values the importance of family life & providing healthcare to the community
Wellington was ranked the 4th best place to visit in the world by Lonely Planet in 2011. It is the political and cultural centre of New Zealand, offering the luxury of living in a small city with big city advantages, with a magnificent harbour framed by hills. The relatively young and affluent population is reflected in the the huge range of cultural events and more cafes and restaurants per head of population than New York (by the way, Wellingtonians love their coffee!).
Palmerston North is New Zealand’s 5th largest city and is home to a thriving musical scene with many national and international acts touring through the town, as well as there being many local acts performing regularly. It boasts a thriving wine industry in the region and you should expect to spend a lot of time outside. With the area’s geography, it has inspired an exciting choice of mild, medium and wild adventures. Rafting, kayaking, horse trekking, mountain biking and rock climbing are just some of the exciting activities you can enjoy.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Medical professionals are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward if you refer a Friend and we place them! Click here for details