New Year, New Lifestyle, New Zealand 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for a GP who is looking to relocate to a family run practice in the heart of Gisborne on the North Island of New Zealand.
Gisborne is the first place in New Zealand (and the world for that matter) to see the sunrise each morning. This coastal city has a prevalent café culture and many restaurants, which serve local products, including some of the best New Zealand food and wine. Local schools are excellent and real estate is affordably priced.
- Experienced, enthusiastic General Practitioner required
- 8-10 sessions per week with an attrativce salary package
- Potential for weekend work but this is manged by a rota
- Start day May 2017
Gisborne generally enjoys warm summers and mild winters and is one of the sunniest places in New Zealand with average yearly sunshine of around 2200 hours. Major industries contributing to the local economy are centred on horticulture, wine production, farming, forestry and fishing. In 2011, the city played host to the International Coldwater Classic Surfing Competition, which is contributing to its developing international tourism profile.
The region is well known for its laid back way of life and with its high sunshine hours, outdoor enthusiasts and families of all ages can enjoy a truly balanced lifestyle here. It offers a fantastic natural environment. With its white sandy beaches, it makes it a popular holiday destination for Kiwis in the summertime. Residents love the easy access to many outdoor pursuits including surfing, fishing, and mountain biking and hiking. Many will head up north around the Cape for a weekend of camping by the beach, which is a great way to experience the beautiful surroundings that remains virtually untouched.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Medical professionals are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife as you explore the great outdoors
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward if you refer a Friend and we place them! Click here for details