We are looking for General Practitioners for a unique yet exciting opportunity to provide Locum Services to the South Canterbury Region of New Zealand on the stunning South Island.
The timing of this opportunity couldn't be better. Could you see yourself leaving behind the UK winter and heading out to New Zealand to the start of their Summertime. If you are looking to have that much sought after Work-Life Balance and flexibility in one of the more beautiful places on earth, then this is most definitely the opportunity for you.
- Based in Timaru
- All practices within a 30 minute commute
- Competitive salary of $180K plus relocation
- Will consider 6 month to long term contracts
- Suitable for a single traveling GP or a GP Couple
- May consider 10 sessions for three weeks with one week off
The South Canterbury Region boasts a population of around 55,000 people. It includes the main city of Timaru which is located approximately halfway between Christchurch and Dunedin on the east coast which also acts as a link to a number of picturesque towns and smaller rural settlements. The region is one of the only places in the world where, within two hours of an international airport you can ski at a world class alpine resort, play golf, bungy jump, go rafting, mountain biking, wind surfing, whale watching and visit world-class vineyards and gardens.
New Adventure, New Lifestyle. Make it New Zealand
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Medical professionals are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page