We are looking for adventurous General Practitioners for a number of unique yet exciting opportunity in the picturesque West Coast Region of the South Island of New Zealand.
Greymouth is the largest town on the South Islands West Coast. The mouth of the river divides the town into three areas. The location offers remarkable views from the coastal Point Elizabeth Walkway and also has great opportunities for caving, river tubing, white-water rafting to the more relaxed activities such as sea fishing & fly fishing.
- Locum & permanent GP positions
- Part time or Full time hours available
- Various positions available starting immediately
- Competitive fixed salary or sessional rates available
- Benefits package of car hire, furnished accommodation
- Return domestic travel covered as well as access to a Practice vehicle.
The region comes with the unique opportunity to work in rural practices which gives you more variety and exposure to primary and secondary care than that of urban practices. With the national parks, coastline, rivers, lakes, mountains and glaciers as your backyard, you'll struggle to find a place that offers more scenic beauty and outdoor activities. The TranzAlpine passenger train which is names as one of the top six train journeys in the world runs from Christchurch, taking you through the stunning planes of Canterbury then right through the Southern Alps where it then terminates in Greymouth
If you have a love for the outdoors, this could well be the location for you.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Medical professionals are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page