We have an exciting GP job in the heart of the Kapiti Coast District which is just north of New Zealand's capital city, Wellington on the North Island. This is a unique opportunity for a GP who can choose to live and work in a coastal location or live in the capital city and make the short commute north through some beautiful scenery.
- Start date early 2018
- Flexible with 8-10 sessions
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Family Health Centre with Urgent Care services
Wellington was ranked the 4th best place to visit in the world by Lonely Planet in 2011. It is the political and cultural centre of New Zealand, offering the luxury of living in a small city with big city advantages, with a magnificent harbour framed by hills. Wellington speaks for itself and need little introduction. The relatively young and affluent population is reflected in the huge range of cultural events and more cafes and restaurants per head of population than New York. (by the way, Wellingtonians love their coffee and would say it's the best in the world)
If you have been working as a GP or Family Medicine Doctor in any of the following countries for 33 months out of the last 48 months, your experience and qualifications can be recognised for registration in New Zealand.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom or United States of America.
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide full support & advice.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Medical professionals are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward if you refer a Friend and we place them! Click here for details
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice