We are looking for General Practitioners who also have a keen interest in Urgent Care for an exciting opportunity in the metropolitan, university city of Palmerston North on the North Island of New Zealand.
- Flexible with 7-10 sessions
- Start date from February 2018
- GP with a special interest in Urgent Care
- Competitive hourly rate & generous Benefits Package available
Palmerston North is a major university city and is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields and river adventures. With only a 90 minutes scenic drive from Wellington or 2 hours from Taupo, this makes Palmerston North a great base to explore the North Island.
Palmerston North, which is New Zealand’s 5th largest city, is home to a thriving musical scene with many national and international acts touring through the town as well as many local acts performing regularly. There are also theatres and a thriving wine industry and expect to spend a lot of time outside, because the area’s geography has inspired an exciting choice of mild, medium and wild adventures. Rafting, kayaking, horse trekking, mountain biking and rock climbing are just some of the adventurous things you can do.
Then after all that adventure and whatever the occasion or mood, there is a café, bar or restaurant to cater to your tastes which are complimented by the best of local produce.
If you have been working as a GP or Family Medicine Doctor in any of the following countries for 33 months out of the last 48 months, your experience and qualifications can be recognised for registration in New Zealand.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom or United States of America.
New Adventure? New Lifestyle? Why not make it New Zealand 2018
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Medical professionals are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
- Explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide full support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward if you refer a Friend and we place them! Click here for details