We are delighted to be working with WA country Health service who are looking to hire experienced geriatric specialists ready to enjoy a new adventure in Western Australia.
What’s on offer?
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- 1 - 5 year initial contracts available with possible option to renew
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
- Other professional and location based allowances
- Attractive remuneration package up to AUD$458k pa (subject to level of experience)
- 10% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice
- Relocation support
- Contribute to the improvement of indigenous health in Australia
- Option to provide leadership and deliver excellent clinical performance as well as administrative leadership
- Change to participate in policy development and review for clinical governance and work collaboratively with other clinical practitioners
What’s the role?
In the role of Consultant Physician Geriatrics, you will provide clinical Geriatric Services to the South West region of Western Australia. You will take a lead role in the development and delivery of Day Therapy, Rehabilitation in the Home and a Rehabilitation/Restorative Care Unit at Bunbury Hospital, as well as the provision of Ortho-geriatric services and Rehabilitation services to Busselton Hospital. The service encompasses both inpatient and community-based services across the region and works with the SW Regional Aged Care Team including the Aged Care Assessment Team.
Where am I located?
Bunbury and the South West Region of Australia offer professional people an exceptional mix of lifestyle and residential opportunities. A seaside city that offers protected beach bays minutes from local bars and restaurants, boutique shops and alluring coffee houses and cafés dotting street art corners and hidden alleyways. One minute you can be walking down the main street, and in the next hit the water where wild bottlenose dolphins can be spotted close to shore.
The nearby Ferguson Valley or Margaret River region is an absolute must for lovers of wine. Cape Mentelle, Vasse Felix and Leeuwin Estate are just some of the exceptional vineyards there.
The Indian Ocean provides a sanctuary for the famous dolphins and its beaches are a haven for those seeking to get away from it all. For those who want to watch their children play in the sand, or those who just want to unwind, to surf, walk or simply be close to the sea; Bunbury offers the classic Aussie lifestyle.
What are the requirements?
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of physicians (FRACP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
How can Head Medical help?
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.