Singapore was ranked number 1 among 57 countries in health efficiency, according to an annual ranking compiled by Bloomberg. The healthcare system is growing exponentially from now until 2020 and now is the time to enjoy all of the benefits of furthering your career in an international environment, in a forward thinking and English speaking country. Singapore also offers a true feel of all that South East Asia has to offer while providing world-class services you would expect to find in Europe’s top cities.
- 600 bed public hospital with teaching opportunities available
- New and modern hospital with state of the art facilities
- English speaking work environment
- Acute care and Inpatient care offered as well as outpatient services
- Performance bonuses are available as well as annual salary increments
- Salary range CIRCA 120K UK Pounds - 200K UK Pounds
- Relocation assistance offered to foreign nationals
- Foodie's paradise
- Access to one of the world's most efficient transport systems
- A very low tax rate or 12.5-15% – that means more income left over for you to spend!
What is the role?
Located in the north of Singapore, this hospital, opened in June 2010 and is a fully modern facility offering a comprehensive range of medical services, alongside specialist care to the community.
The Geriatrics Department offers inpatient and outpatient services and as well as general Geriatrics, provides services to the elderly in continence, palliative, mobility enhancement, tele-geriatrics as well as memory and dementia.
We are delighted to hear from those with a more general background and there is also scope to accommodate special interests in Orthogeriatrics, Stoke medicine and Rehab medicine.
Singapore’s population is highly diverse; with a patient flow of Chinese, Malay, Indian and westerners as regular clientele, cultural appreciation is required.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
Please note that the career path for a specialist in Singapore follows Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant. We are supporting with hiring of specialists at Associate consultant and Consultant level for this department.
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we've helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.