Nelson seeks an experienced General Surgeon with Endoscopy capability to join the Surgery team.
· Permanent, part-time 0.8FTE (64 hours a fortnight)
· 1:6 on-call
· Nelson, New Zealand
About these positions The successful candidate will:
· Deliver quality services to improve health of the population in Nelson region.
· Participate in the General Surgery roster with on-call 1:6 Monday to Sunday. When being rostered weekend on-call, the surgeon will have no elective activity the following week.
· Be part of the busy contemporary General Surgery services and provide colonoscopy care, supported by a multidisciplinary team including 6 General Surgeons in Nelson, specialty nurses, and technicians.
· Supervise and participate in teaching of junior medical workforce.
· Enjoy working and living in one of New Zealand - s most sought-after regions.
Who is an appropriate applicant? The ideal applicant will:
· Bring their medical expertise and experience to improve health in Nelson region.
· Have experience in Endoscopy.
· Ability to work independently as a specialist in a provincial district.
· Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australian New Zealand College of General Surgery or equivalent.
· Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate with a vocational scope of General Surgery with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
· Work with others to promote a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
The benefits of this position
In addition to your salary, you will:
· Receive an annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
· Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
· Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation, and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. The schools are excellent, and Nelson is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature - s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests.
These magnificent features offer endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its cafe culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://www.nelsontasman.nz/ and https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/
About our team
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team, and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect, and teamwork.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.