We are excited to be working in a partnership with a respected, hospital group that serves the population of the stunning archipelago of Turks and Caicos. Due to a recent Radiologist's retirement, following ten years of serving this population, an exciting and rare opportunity has become available for a General Radiologist to join the team. The initial contract length will be 2 years, however my client may consider a shorter term contract length of 3-6 months, given the need to fill the post ASAP. You will be the only Radiologist on the Island however have a team of radiographers who can support on-call work and there is also the ability to utilise, already established teleradiology services for times of leave. There has also been an option for reporting from home to limit travel time to and from the hospital.
What's on offer?
- Opportunity to work in a a dynamic work environment with opportunities for growth
- Multiple Award winning employer with aim to provide sustainable, quality health care
- 2 year contract (possible option to renew and may consider shorter contract but will be discussed on case by case basis)
- Up to 3 month's accommodation on arrival
- Transportation to and from work
- Paid overtime
- End of service bonus
- CME leave and paid time off, plus public holidays
- Low cost Health insurance
- Total comp approx 165,000 USD per annum - TAX FREE (depending on contract length and not including overtime and end of service bonus which is 30% of base salary, after 2 years)
What's the role?
- Provide radiology services to patients on referral by physician or other designated personnel.
- Provide radiology advise to those requesting radiology services
- Provide timely reporting of all offered radiology modalities.
- Provide evidence based patient care within acceptable regional/worldwide standards
- Facilitate, where necessary, visiting radiologists.
- Advise and supervise the delivery of radiography services to the patients.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 5 years experience working at consultant level
- Capable of doing reports on breast imaging and preferably Fine Needle aspiration
- Modalities for final read – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, X-ray, Fluoroscopy
- Board certification or equivalent
With fantastic weather and the lowest rainful in the Caribbean this tropical archipelago is located approx. 600 miles southeast of Miami, Florida. The country is a British overseas territory and has a population of approx 30,000 spread over 9 inhabited islands.
Providenciales, where this role will be based, is an incredible tropical destination, and there’s a tremendous selection of things to do for all ages.
With some of the best beaches and water in the world, it’s no surprise that most activities on Providenciales involve the ocean. There are exquisite reefs for diving and snorkeling, extensive marine wetlands that are perfect for kayaking and birdwatching, and incredible coastal environments.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE IN ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.