New Adventures. New Lifestyle. New Zealand 2017
We are looking for adventurous General Practitioners for a number of exciting opportunity in the picturesque West Coast Region on the South Island of New Zealand.
Greymouth is the largest town on the South Islands West Coast. The mouth of the river divides the town into three areas. The location offers remarkable views from the coastal Point Elizabeth Walkway and also has great opportunities for caving, river tubing, white-water rafting to the more relaxed activities such as sea fishing & fly fishing.
- Locum & permanent GP positions
- Part time or Full time hours available
- Various positions available starting immediately
- Competitive sessional rate, fully furnished accommodation
- Return domestic travel covered as well as access to a Practice vehicle.
The region comes with the unique opportunity to work in rural practices which gives you more variety and exposure to primary and secondary care than that of urban practices. With the national parks, coastline, rivers, lakes, mountains and glaciers as your backyard, you'll struggle to find a place that offers more scenic beauty and outdoor activities.
The area has a history of gold mining which can be appreciated at the local museums and the local brewery is something of a New Zealand legend which can also be appreciated on a tour which includes a tasting session.
The TranzAlpine passenger train which is names as one of the top six train journies in the world terminates in Greymouth. It is often regarded to be one of the world’s greatest train journeys for the scenery through which it passes. The service runs daily between Christchurch and Greymouth & travels through the Canterbury plains, past the Waimakariri River then passing through the Southern Alps to where it terminates in Greymouth.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Medical professionals are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page