New Adventure. New Lifestyle. New Zealand 2017
We are looking for a General Practitioner for an exciting opportunity in the heart of the stunning Waikato Region on the North Island of New Zealand.
The Waikato region is the fourth largest in area & population in New Zealand. It is bounded by Auckland on the North, Bay of Plenty on the East, Hawkes Bay on the South-East & Manawatu-Wananui & Taranaki on the South.
- Start date July 2017
- 8-9 session per week
- No On Call but occasional Saturday clinic
- Competative salary with very attractive reolocation package
- Rural practices which will give you more variety and exposure than urban practices
Hamilton is the largest in the region. With a diverse population, this city is known for its well respected tertiary educational facilities, scientific research, world class stadiums and event venues, parks and gardens, fine cuisine and cafes and culture.
Rotorua is a place that if you’re not familiar with it, it is a visually stunning location of unique natural beauty and geothermal activity & rich in Maori culture. It is perfect for taking advantage of the region’s hot summers and mild winters.
The region boasts lush, green hills, with exceptional surf on the west coast and glorious beaches on the east coast. Surfers come from all over the world to experience nearby Manu Bay's famous left-hand break and the Raglan Surf Beach lifestyle is appealing to all. Ski fields, fresh and saltwater fishing grounds are easily reachable as are many beaches and holiday spots. New Zealand’s largest city is an easy 90 minute freeway drive away making this a great location with many possibilities.
Most recently, the rolling hills of The Shire were brought to life thanks to the filming of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Hollywood blockbuster movies. Hobbiton has remained open and is a popular attraction for movie and middle-earth fans alike.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Medical professionals are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page