Subject to demand, general duties may include:
• run out-patient clinics covering a wide range of clinical needs, including care for patients with diabetes, hypertension, cardio-pulmonary disease which are highly prevalent on the island
• be actively involved in preventive care and lifestyles management and serve as the clinical champion for preventive service development
• With support from overseas specialists and using local therapeutic guidelines and protocols, you will also be expected to consult paediatrics, ENT, ophthalmology patients.
• participate in training of other healthcare staff, clinical governance work including audits, clinical outcome data collation and reporting.
• participate in incident management, outbreak response and other healthcare emergencies
• participate in health promotion and preventative care programmes
You will be able to demonstrate core values of fairness, integrity and teamwork and use your diverse expertise and experiences to ensure your time on the Island has the broadest benefit to St Helena.
Chartered flights are currently arranged for 21st June and it is essential you can meet this travel dates from London Stanstead Airport - you will be returning on the 30th of September.
• Fully qualified general practitioner with evidence of completion of training**
• Must be on the UK General Medical Council GP register or Specialist Register for Internal Medicine or equivalent registration authority in country of practice***
• Fluent in English (oral and written communication); none native English speaker may be asked to provide evidence of proficiency in English language e.g. IELTS
**Candidates must be otherwise be able to practice and licensed in country of recruitment with evidence of good standing
*** Candidates within 6 months of CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training will be considered based on experience
You will be taken directly to approved accommodation on the island to quarantine for 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the 3 month placement.
Your contract however would be in place from the day you leave the UK and therefore will be paid from this point onwards.