We are looking for a General Physician with Respiratory Medicine for a full time permanent position in New Plymouth in the stunning west coast region of Taranaki.
Join a team of 9 other Consultant Physicians in this progressive regional secondary referral centre, which benefited from a NZ$80million redevelopment in 2013 and now has state-of-the-art facilities, with both an excellent Laboratory Service and an IT Service, as well.
- Great location, ideal for families
- FRACP or equivalent specialist qualifications, e.g. FRCP
- Modern spacious teaching Hospital
- 1:9 General Medicine on-call rota
- Short commute to and from work – 10 minutes max!
- Video bronchoscopy facilities, respiratory lab for spirometry and DLCO testing, with support from a respiratory physiologist
- Spectacular natural landscape, from mountain to sea, perfect for the outdoors lifestyle – sun, surf & ski
The General Medicine Department places a high emphasis on lifelong learning and training Doctors of the future, and you will participate and contribute to the Department’s activities, including basic and advanced trainee registrar teaching, medical student teaching, audit and service improvement. Those with experience in these areas alongside your specialist general medicine and respiratory expertise will be highly regarded.
What’s on offer?
- Total package circa NZ$180,000 - $300,000 pa (approx. £97,000 - £162,000 pa), depending on level of experience
- Includes base salary range NZ$158,141 - $230,000 pa
- Includes NZ$16,000 CME Allowance pa + 10 days leave pa to attend conferences
- Dedicated non-clinical time and multidisciplinary teamworking
- Relocation assistance is available
The Taranaki region has a population of 106,000 and is known for its stunning natural landscape, which lends itself to all manner of outdoor activities from the mountains to the sea, such as surfing, windsurfing, ski-ing, mountain biking, fishing, golfing, hiking, sailing, cycling, ironman and triathlons, plus many more, and has been the backdrop for numerous well-known blockbuster movies (remember the mountain backdrop in ‘The Last Samurai’?).
Voted the most liveable and sustainable community in the world at the 2008 UN-backed Liveable Communities Awards due to its clean air and water, as well as its strong economic growth, and Top Town by one of New Zealand’s most influential magazines, it really does provide an enviable lifestyle for all the family.
The temperate climate and high sunshine hours (3rd highest in NZ), combined with a welcoming and multicultural community, makes it a really dynamic and enjoyable place to live, housing is affordable and the schooling is excellent. Famous for its Surf Highway 45 - featuring some of the best surfing and windsurfing spots in New Zealand – the annual music and art festivals, gourmet restaurants, an established café culture, premier golfing and ski fields, means that New Plymouth as a city caters to all lifestyles and all ages.
Equidistant from both Auckland and Wellington with a 4.5 hr drive (or a 50 minute flight), it’s a great setting right on the coast and particularly attractive to families who want to make “The Naki” their new home.
Come and live in the region that has been named the world's second top region to visit in 2017 by Lonely Planet!